26 July 2011

Art Journal - Celebrity, fame and homemade stamps



Celebrity seemed to morph into fame as I tackled this one
Ambitious some of the time but very driven

I had fun creating these two on my hols as I attempt to catch up with all the weekly challenge prompts on UKStampers. The first one began with a background using dylusions paints and my fingers.I then emphasised the swirls with white paint and created a journalling space.
The prompt required a star stamp and having none I created one out of foam that brads were stuck into. It gave an uneven print with paint but I quite like that messy effect.
I used vellum strips to give more star like journalling. 


The other prompt was about ambition - this made me think but in the end I decided I was driven and not ambitious (well only a little). This began with a drawing of a head from the Times newspaper that I added aqua pro marker journalling and water to. I also added a shiny finish by stamping with Claudine Hellmuth stamp and tore around the head and then reinked over top with distress inks.
Very messy but I think the inside of my head is a little like that





No comments:

Post a Comment