10 April 2011

Art Journal Music using homemade stencils and stamps, Just for Fun


First hi to my latest followers - I am still amazed that anyone drops by to see what I do and I appreciate all the comments and opportunities to see what everyone else is doing. This is also for the Just for fun challenge which asks you to use circles. If you click on the logo at the side you can pop over and see some great work.
This page taxed me as I do not have any musical stamps but after downloading a sheet of vintage music from graphics fairy I began to get going. The page was already showing bits of paints from other pages that had splodged onto it and when I think of music I think of the originial vinyl even though I love my iphone and digital music so that made me think of circles.  My first stencil appeared which was moved around and liberally sprayed with luscious dylusions inks.
Once I had sprayed to my heart's content I printed out some large musical notes and used them as stencils and as stamps. The stamping was a bit haphazard as I did it with paint but I like the effect.
You can see both a stencilled and stamp painted example here.
Finally I added my journalling about Music. 
I love music of all sorts and have quite eclectic tastes ranging from grungy metal to pop to divas to jazz and blues so a Top Five was almost impossible. However my final top five are all significant and remind me of certain times in my life (but that it is too personal to share...) Final choices: Nevermind by Nirvana, The Bends by Radiohead,  Boy with the Arab Strap by Belle and Sebastian, U2 by October and Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd.  First single ever bought was Terry Jacks Seasons in the Sun and I cringe as I write this as I still know all the words...

13 comments:

  1. Great pagge, love your painty stamping and stencilling. All together now... "We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun..." :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab page - great idea for making your own stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Page. I was wondeing how you did the background. Love how it turned out. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day. BTW, Now that song is running through my head...Seasons in the sun....

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page as always. You have been creative with super results. Your music influences are far better than mine. my first album, which my mum bought for me (her choice), was The Osmonds. Oh dear!!!!
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super page, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background love all the masking and strong colours. Love using papers marked by earlier projects and this has turned out so well. Thank you for joining us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. That makes a great page and love the way you have incorporated the text on the circles :) the first record I bought was Popcorn by butterscotch lol
    Thanks for entering this into our challenge at Just for Fun
    Cheeers Von xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab - great stencilling

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the strong vibrant colours you have used on this. Very clever use of circles which is the theme and which you have linked in to one of your own loves, music.
    Thanks for joining us at JFF - Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I was sure I left a comment yesterday but I dont see it. Beautiful piece of art such gorgeous colours
    and fab stenciling.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You left a lovely comment yesterday which I was trying to publish using my iphone and watching tv and I pressed the wrong button. I could read your comment but blogger kept telling me it had gone. I should concentrate on one thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW totally amazing - thanks for playing along with JFF - Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab , and you make it look so easy, what an inspiration, its stunning

    ReplyDelete