4 April 2011

Art journal - Superstitious?

Efemera at UKStampers challenged us to journal about our superstitions and use a charm on the page. My first reaction was I'm not... but then I remembered umbrellas and how I have a thing about not opening them inside.
I do knock on wood occasionally and cross my fingers. Why I really don't know. I did wear green to my wedding with Lens Guy and 17 years later we still together. I do avoid walking under ladders but that is surely common sense?
My charm was created from old pieces of broken jewellery and a heart button. I thought it looked suitably talismanic and could ward off evil? 
I used TH mini umbrella man and the umbrella parts from Dylusions Ruby Rainbow. I even created a mask for the umbrella top which was much easier than I thought it would be. I then used the mask to cover the umbrella stamp when adding another layer of ink. The original background was created using mask pieces from the TH set.

5 comments:

  1. Another great page. Love the embellishments as well. Your pages are always so interesting.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great page - love the colours. It's funny how a prompt can make us think of something ie: you and the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic page you certainly have an eye for colour. Live the umbrella man !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete