22 January 2011

Art Journal - Best Gifts



My best gifts are the small acts of everyday kindness rather than one in particular.
I like the contrast between the cool blues and purples and the hot red and golds
I finished this on Sunday night but was back at work so no daylight - although only managed a couple of days before the evil swine flu came back. It really is a vile virus and I am quite fed up with it. Today I am feeling a little better and able to get out of bed but still so tired and sore.
I did manage to include all the prompt elements in this one as the frame around the heart is recycled packaging from some journalling cards and the first layer was made using tissue paper that covered a gift from eldest DD. I used a mix of yellow, gold and red pearly acrylic paints from Lidl - bargain of the century as they only cost £4.00 for 5 jars and they seem to work a lot like those expensive liquid pearl paints.
Torn up and mod podged down - is that a verb? To Mod Podge...
Once this layer was dry I stamped three border stamps in Adirondack Earth tones Espresso to create areas on the page (I think the stamps are crafters companion but lost packaging...) I printed a photo I had of cupcakes and freehand cut it into a G and then on different cakes wrote about the cakes and tablet (Scottish fudge) that Lens Guy will bring home as a surprise for me. I found three images of teapots and cups on Graphic Fairy and coloured them with promarkers and paint. I added dictionary definitions of gifts and gift horses from dictionaries and also wrote some of them on with a sharpie. I added further definitions around the cardboard frame that was swiped with paint. I doodled and painted the heart and gave it flame like tops to help attach it to the frame.
Recycled packaging for the frame. Paint dots around heart
journalling about the endless cups of tea Lens Guy makes me and some of the borders I stamped
The g was a cupcake photo with extra tiny journalling on the icing.





No comments:

Post a Comment