5 April 2010

Inspiring LOs - from butterflies to cats to dragonflies.

I owe the inspiration for this page to DaphneW and  Anesha This page appears quite simple but took lots of work. I started with a DCWV paper from the all about girls range. The centre of this was lined like a notebook but I didn't want that so I cut out the centre and then tore and inked the edges. I wanted a particular soft turquoise for the background and didn't have anything suitable so I found plain cream card stock and applied layers of cobalt blue watercolour washes. I will photograph this is the daylight and these details will be more obvious. The photo is mounted on turquoise card stock and then another DCWV paper with lots of writing on it (which does not show here). I added a row of butterflies on acetate at the bottom and printed out various other butterfly images onto acetate. The butterfly at bottom is made from three pieces of sea glass found on our favourite beach stuck to a piece of capiz from an old light. Buttons make up the dragonflies body whilst the wings are made from acetates I cut out and coloured with pro markers. This is my new favourite LO. The journalling explains the link between the photo, title and bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment