7 April 2010

Loving that transparency vibe

The transparency prompt from Shimelle has been fun. I have created a wholly digital page which I printed onto acetate and then a page using acetate print outs. The elements for my seeds page all came from free downloads from Shabby Princess Happy Go Lucky and other sets. I set the background paper to almost transparent to get that faint washed out look - although why I am creating a digital transparent page in an acrylic album I am not sure. I think this page may end up being printed again and being used in my garden journal. I then printed another page of digital elements and used them on the next page.
The lo was dictated by the page again but I am loving this page. The class has inspired the layered flowers and I found scrap vellum (almost transparent) and used this as a mount which then improved the look of the page on the other side. The blue flower is three layered transparencies and the snowflake flowers are made of snowflakes and purple flowers layered up. I think page below is improved by vellum and transparencies on other side.
The small blue flower was made using a circle torn into a spiral and reglued into a flower. The album is getting thick now. 

1 comment: