4 April 2010

Grow Your Own Flowers and have a kiss

More pages for Shimelle's class using up flowers. It could be about nothing else but the fact that my garden is a muddy slope and I need to Grow my own flowers. This layout was dictated by the page behind. I used my Martha Stewart flower punch to punch out loads of flowers that I edged with aqua promarkers and then just layered these on top of each other and around the cut out pic of my very muddy welly boots. The journalling is on the white flower and explains that Rule 6 means that if your garden is a muddy slope then you have to grow your own. The chipboard g was white and pink but I wanted more purple so promarkered the white. The three big flowers at the edge each has three layers of flower, felt and brad.
Why a kiss? Well apart from the obvious romantic meaning it also refers to the idea of keep it stupid simple - part of another shimelle prompt. I took the pretty pastel squares left over after I used the letters and inked them with Stazon, brushed acrylic over that and added more embellishing powder. These were then stuck on paper mache blue tissue and are in my album as not sure what to do with it next. I like that each letter has a different texture because of how much or little I layered the paint, ink and powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment