13 March 2010

Hole punch background paper and prompt 2 completed plus junque journal page

For prompt 2 which asked you to use up scraps I went to my trusty bags of scraps. As I did not have that much time I roughly snipped triangles for a bunting style border and homemade flower. I also had bits of pink card scraps which I  punched with a Martha Stewart lace punch and inked over the top and this all went into the mix. The sneaky peep yesterday changed as I did not feel it was all working. I found a piece of very in your face pink corrugated card and toned it down with white acrylic to make it softer. The journaling is written on another scrap I had and the scalloped piece is the cut off from a card I was making. The reason I had been avoiding the acrylic album was the planning it needs and now I am having to try and deal with that. It does not suit my messy slap dash approach.
I have been playing with the contents of my hole punch. I covered a piece of card in pva and then threw them on top. I then pasted more down with a 50/50 water pva mix that I had added some pigment powder too. I then dusted powder on top and swirled around. I like this and hope that I can use this somewhere in this album for Shimelle's class.
I have also being playing around with creating a junque journal following a comment from Jane and her helpful links. I have a cheap as chips staples notebook and I then pasted in some black and white sheets of plants and excess flowers and bits from this layout. I used Shimelle's celebrate life words and stuck it all down with the watery pigment pva mix. There was a bit of journalling about what was used which ran in the mix. So will need to go back and fix that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment