Our Kitchen Notice board 8 December 2009 – What a Random Collection?
We moved house on 10th December 2009 and one of the last things I did was pull off the contents of the two Ikea notice boards and throw them into a canvas bag. I was investigating the contents of that bag today as I knew it contained an assortment of stuff and thought I might find my missing diary in there. I didn’t find that but what I did find was the following…
5 Russian Items
- 100 rouble note
- No smoking sign
- A postcard of St Petersburg
- Another “propaganda” style postcard
- A brochure from the submarine restaurant in St Petersburg
- 6 Photographs
- A photograph of my nephew from 2003
- 3 successive photographs of my niece and nephew sent as a thank you for Christmas presents.
- A photograph of my niece in primary one
- A photograph of the sail of my dad’s boat taken on a trip to Knoydart.
- Concert at Glasgow Green with the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Foo Fighters, Eminem and others
- T in the Park 2004
- T in the Park 2005
- Red Hot Chilli Peppers at Hampden 2008
- A ticket to Alwnick Gardens in Northumberland
1 postcard from Milan
1 school computer drawing when youngest daughter was in primary school.
I was wondering what on earth this all means and I am struggling to make sense of it. I wonder if other people have such a collection of random items on their notice boards? Why not take a picture of your notice board and send me the link. I think it might suggest that I collect ephemera for scrapping without even consciously thinking about it. What does it say about me? I like to travel. I enjoy looking at photos of family members. I enjoy going to music concerts. I sometimes hold onto pictures created by my children. I must turn this into a scrapbook page – but there is so much stuff. Do I photograph each item? Create a double page LO collage or…