18 April 2012

Art Journal page

It's been a while due to school holidays and illness - I  am writing this from my bed. Being a responsible teacher I  a scheduled a minor operation in the first week of the holidays to avoid taking time off and  planned to relax and recover up North in the second week. It all went well and we began our holiday with friends and then I became ill. Anyway it appears I have a post op infection and I am now on round 2 of antibiotics and off work for the week. The best laid plans...
The page was in response to a prompt on UKS about composition. This time of year is always hard for me as it is 7 years and 4 years since my dad and brother died. I wanted to focus on the positives and have been trying to look forward instead of back and this was what the journal page was about. As we were away I had taken a few stamps, limited inks and a water colour box. I decided to limit myself to the three primary colours and black and white and play with the colour after dividing my pages into 3's. I found a John Lewis catalogue and cut out some images.
After playing around with their placement I stuck them down and added doodles and paint. I then stamped some random stamps and the TH skeleton as it was about conquering the past and its associations.
I used a posca white pen to add white doodle lines and then wrote my journalling in white/black to blend it into the page. 
It helped to write down thoughts and focus on the positive and showed me I don't need many supplies to journal.




No comments:

Post a Comment