21 March 2012

Freedom ATCs and a journal page



Freedom to write

 The theme on UKStampers for this ATC swap was Freedom. When I thought about what freedom meant to me it was the freedom to express yourself wherever you live in the world.
I began by inking and embossing the four backgrounds with different stamps from TH.
Backgrounds ready and waiting
I then stamped the relevant image for each Freedom onto vintage dictionary pages with suitable words: To write (typewriter from Lost and Found); To be (watch and saying from Craft Stamper); To talk (Dotty's head fromDylusions) and to protest (Text and pointy hand from Paper Artsy).
Freedom to Protest
I added some more distress inks and text for each one and highlighted certain words in red.
Freedom to be

To be ended up with a very thick layer of glossy accents - too much as it almost fell apart.
Freedom to talk

Finally I sprayed some orange chalky glimmer mists and popped them in the post.
The set but the picture is a little blurry and they now in the post...
The journal page followed the prompt to use numbers (from Julie Kirk) and emboss. The page had one of the experimental transfers on it - this one using a transparency. I added distress inks and the journalling.
I have a collection of Lens Guys beer bottle caps to use one day... I filled them with alcohol inks and glossy accents and then squished them in the Big Shot... A minimal page but I thought the image needed space.






4 comments:

  1. Love your meaningful take on Freedom. Great use of word stamps and dictionary pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of ATCs, fab take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fab ATcs.. Love them, especially the typewriter.

    ReplyDelete