4 January 2012

Stampotique SDC 45 Challenge


I have finally finished my 2011 art journal and my last page is my wish for the New Year and my entry to the challenge. It's the last page in my journal, is double sided and has a flap for some secret journalling and reflection on my journal. My wish is more a comment on the art journalling process.
The first page uses Olivia, Oh Dear and Eric. I created a background using pink and orange dylusion paints and inks (on a gesso base layer) and then added extra detail with Teal. I stamped the figures onto card and coloured them using Wild Honey, Marmalade, Barn Door and Worn Lisptick distress inks and stains.
I coloured three postage tags with Dylusions white and teal paint and then sprayed poemegranate ink on top. I stamped Eric, Olivia, Angel Boy and Fran in blue Stazon across the tags. The other side of the tags is for my secret journalling. They fit inside the pocket under the flap.

 The photo below shows the flap open with the tags inside.

The other side of the page was given a layer of gesso and then I applied teal and pink Dylusion paints with an old credit card. I stamped Smushasha and Angel Boy and coloured with Distress inks. My wish or new goal for 2012 is to continue with art journalling and I now have a book to do it in rather than random bits of paper that I had to wonkily cut to size.


 Those of you that follow the fab Kate Crane will appreciate that these pages have been influenced by her style.
I am going to create another post today which shows the completed journal which I am so pleased with.

6 comments:

  1. That looks so cool, I love how you made the pocket for the tags. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, your background is fantastic, a lot of work ;) But fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful page! Love to see your whole art journal. Thanks for joining us at SDC # 45.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful journal page, love your words! Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, you've used so much detail throughout and I love those colours too. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a wonderful page and keepsake journal. Enjoy looking back through it :-)

    Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete