10 October 2011

Art Journal almost step by step

First of all apologies for the photos but I am not getting home in time from work to photograph in natural daylight. This page was in response to a UK Stampers prompt asking if we were lucky. Am I? Not in the conventional sense of winning money but in having a wonderful husband, fab children and great friends I am. I was taking photos as I went. It began with the lyrics of Kylie's song " I could be so Lucky" which I printed out and and randomly applied to the page. I added spiced marmalade and Dylusions lime green ink.
Deciding it was to bright I swiped on some white acrylic paint and using a ranger black medium pen wrote words like "lucky" and "flip a coin" on the page which I then applied Blonde Moments pearl pigments to.
I then stamped the dots from Claudine Hellmuth's dwellings stamp with embossing ink and more pearls. You can see all the layers in the photo above.
Next Tim Holtz bird and butterflies, some straight onto the page and others onto card - I also added pearls to some of these which you can sort of see. I cut some rough strips for journalling and added them too.
I discovered that if you dip a silver charm in alcohol inks and then perfect pearls the pearls stick and give a coppery effect. Finally I sprayed orange ink over the top and added a few acetate stars using free Craft Stamper stamp. The page looks great and shimmery on my desk and the photos do not really reflect how I see it but I need to resign myself to dodgy photos now that it gets dark at 6pm in Scotland.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Sally. Love how this page evolved. Thanks for the tip with the charm. I've got Kylie singing in my head now! lol!
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab page, love the use of the lyrics!

    ReplyDelete