18 September 2011

A productive crafting day at the crop


Yesterday I went to EK Craft and Crop hosted by Suzy and Audrey. Despite their being a slight crisis with the heating (not working) and a flooding toilet which meant we had to find the stop cock (which we did) it was a great day. The room soon heated up with all the hot air floating from numerous crafters happily swapping ideas, stories and laughs. I managed another double layout in my Paris album. I can't remember why I decided to make it such an odd size but the plan is to bind it all together in a book form so I think that's why I went with the American page size. although as I do not measure accurately don't hold me to that. 


I also managed to make a card for mum with a great deal of encouragement from the girls as I muttered about not liking making cards as it required neatness and precision. Thank you Audrey for keeping me on track and mum did like it and I did almost get the house tidied and clean before she arrived for her birthday dinner... It helped that I had made the tag earlier in the week using TH Spiced Marmalade and Worn Lipstick distress inks for the background and stamps from Lost and Found and Paper artsy. Suzy suggested the contrasting turquoise and I found a piece of ribbon that finished off and sewed some buttons on. Due to wonky stamping I had to stamp the sentiment again on turquoise.

3 comments:

  1. Hope all the drama Doesnt put you off coming back!

    Thanks for the loan of the dylusions stamps i am really pleased with my cj entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages and the card is lovely - hope your mum enjoyed her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages Sally. Lovely card for your Mum.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete