5 September 2011

First pages in my new journal



Although I have been completing my pages for the UKStampers journal I felt I also wanted to start a new journal. One of the reasons is that my UK Stampers journal is made up of many single pages that I am going to bind into a journal at the end of the challenge - that is if I can fit all the pages in my my binder. As I have been reading more about the process I decided it would be a little different in an actual journal so I bought an A5 sketchbook with quite thick pages and I have been using gesso on the pages before I add any layers.
These pages are very layered and I used stencils and bits and pieces that were lying around to build up layers. I also used my fingers to blend the dylusions paints which was fun and sprayed and rolled some ink layers too. I used the Dina Wakely Stamp and a selection of stamps from the Lost and Found Everything stamps.
I prefer this side as I think the colours and layers work better, but I do like the other page too.
I think I might come back to this page and change the colour of the journalling...


2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I like how you've used that stamp down the side.

    I just popped in to ask if you missed the Going Postal giveaway announcement last month? http://notesonpaper.blogspot.com/2011/08/going-postal-giveaway-winners.html

    You were one of the winners of the Air Mail twine but if you've changed your mind about wanting the prize can you let me know, just so I can pass it on to another commenter.

    Thanks.
    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally, Love this using an A5 book. Journalling is something that I have wanted to do for a while and have been following your blog because I like your style of journalling. After seeing this today something has click and I now feel brave enough to have a go!lol! Thank you for all the inspirational ideas.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete