25 August 2011

ATC Chain and Charm Challenge

The theme for this challenge was chain and charm. As usual we are asked to make 3 ATCs for the UK Stampers swap and I decided I wanted them to be the same which I find makes it trickier. First I had to obtain some charms which I did from the lovely lady at EK Craft and Crop (but forgot her name...) then I went through the broken jewellery box for some old chain. I sprayed Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Mists onto the background and then stamped the key and rule stamps from Paper Artsy. Next I layered some thin tissue/fabric style paper, that I frayed, in pink and white. This gives a lovely tactile feel to the card.
I sprayed a small sheet of Lost and Found sunshine paper and stamped the typewriter. Then to be quite honest I was stuck. How would I put it all together and which charm should I use? I searched for apt quotations and sayings but nothing seemed right until... my return from a hellish 10 hour day at school yesterday. We have been back for 10 days and the pupils a week and any of their goodwill has worn off combined with a hellish timetable  and various other factors. I came home drained and in a tired (Lens Guy would say foul) mood and that's when it came to me: Break the chains that stifle creativity.  Inspiration! I used the Stencil Font, printed the text, sprayed and cut it out. I attached charm to chain and chain to ATC with a brad.


1 comment:

  1. Fab ATCs. Love the wording. Funny where inspiration comes from at times!
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete