24 August 2011

Art Journal Secrets

This was another prompt on UK Stampers but I have put off this one for weeks as I did not want to reveal my secrets... Then I realised I could hide the journalling under the tag. This is a very grungy distressed page and I had fun trying out different techniques.
I placed a layer of gesso on the page and then added distress inks. Where the gesso was uneven it has created a much darker scratchy layer that I really like. I used Paper Artsy stamps and I think the student book-keeping one is going to be overused. I added a ledger stamp from same range on the side of the page but embossed and stamped it in clear ink.
I crumpled, stamped and embossed a tag with di and mahogany distress embossing powder and added to page with journalling hidden. I then decided to try embossing/stamping keys with some success and then added alcohol inks over clear embossed areas. Letters from TH papers with distress crackle and ink  were then added.


1 comment: