11 April 2011

Hybrid Scrapping layout inspired by art journal - Home is where the table is

This layout came to me after I had completed an art journal page where the prompt was home. This was a hybrid layout for the scrap factor auditions. I like this layout but had put it into the hybrid category and only just realised that using fonts was not hybrid enough and I should have had another element on it. I used Heart stamps from Dylusions Love Struck Lucy and the Dwelling stamps by Claudine Hellmuth.

I sketched our table and paper pieced it using a piece of TH seasons paper and white card for the legs are coloured with pro markers. Papers: 3 bugs in a rug – double sided rhapsody and violet; SEI – sprouting spots; Coredinations Black magic lilac. Fonts – Pebbles white and American Crafts remarks raspberry. Home font  Sweet Sprinkes Shabby Princess
Aida cotton and voile from stash, embroidery thread and needles were used for the heart and stitching.
I used dylusions paints to stamp with and blend the colours on the dwelling stamps




3 comments:

  1. Great page, love the stitches round the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Love those colourful houses! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story of your table Sally. It's the heart of the home by the sounds of it. *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete