13 February 2011

Valentine challenges - Heart Felt Wings and UK Stampers

The inked and distressed text on the other side
Half Folded out 
The opened out version
For someone who "doesn't do Valentines" I seem to have done it again. My only excuse was I had been playing with a make and take from last week's crops and the challenge on Just for Fun last week was Heartfelt wings and then UK Stampers had a Valentines challenge and I just had to do something. I would call it an elaborate card. It folds out into a flower shape and then folds back like an accordian into a heart book. I am only showing you one side as the other side is between Lens Guy and me.
Front and back
After covering both sides with text from the Book of the Kiss - old booklet I had - I distress inked and then sprayed with Dylusions. For the front cover I created a background using masked hearts and then stamped the Stampotique Oh My Dear giving her wings from Dyan Reaveley's Love Struck Lucy stamps. I coloured her with paints.
Inside double page one
Doodled hearts and text on one side. Dyan Reaveley Ruby Rainbow Stamped onto pink heart background (even managed to mask her for  wings) painted with Dylusions acrylics. I love this stamp as it makes me think of my mad creative chaotic side and I like the idea of love being heart felt and taking wing.
Inside double page 2
I distressed my original heart mask and tore it in three and on the opposite side I stamped many many hearts on inked papers, cut them out and added them.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of work went in to that - lovely project with lots of great details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great! love it opened out especially.

    so is your chap a photographer? or does he make contact lenses for a living? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, what a lot of time and effort you must have put into this.

    ReplyDelete