3 February 2011

Revamping old papers with paint, inks and stamps

This has been lingering in my pile for a while as a little beige 

This is the page after alterations
On UKStampers following a discussion about patterned paper you just want to stroke (I'm sure you all have some) it was suggested that we should start to use up some of those old bits of paper by spraying, painting and stamping them within an inch of their life. I tried out quite a few different papers with varying degrees of success. I think for these techniques to work you need to start with a fairly flat piece of patterned paper as I've found that embossed/glitter/shiny ones are harder to alter.
First red dylusion paint then used homemade stamp in purple
Spread layer of white with plastic card to tone down a little
I felt like was creating wallpaper but as you can see below each 4 x 4 piece is a little different

Tim Holtz shabby french crown and chandelier in stazon

I also used Dylusions Ruby Rainbow umbrella stamps with Distress inks
This page was inked and stamped and splattered with water

A darker version of that effect on a piece of paper that was originally clouds.


3 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous, looks like you had a lot of fun!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Girl! Fabulous work! You are ultra creatif!!!

    Juls~

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea, beautiful outcomes too :)

    ReplyDelete