29 January 2011

Lush Birthday Stash - I love it!

My new stamp
My wonderful birthday stash


I had been trying to ignore my birthday as my brain was refusing to process my age - I normally (except when had flu) feel about 10 years younger than my actual age - plus I had been feeling so horrible that I didn't feel up to celebrating. However I began to feel a little better on Wednesday and when my birthday dawned the next day I was still feeling okay - 2 days in a row - a bit of a record for this month. I had a quiet day and was able to enjoy dinner with the family in the evening cooked by Lens Guy. I had left a  list of crafty supplies I was lusting after on my iphone and they checked it out, so I was delighted. I was trying out my new Boy Angel with Wings Stampotique stamp on scrap paper and decided to emboss him with mahogany distress powder and then colour him with my new pro markers and distress the background with new firebrick red distress ink. Then I was thinking of walls and making your own stamps so tried sketching a very vague brick shape on foam and defining it with a biro. I think this would work as a background.
Foam drawn into with a biro

It's rough and ready but I think it will make a goo background - very potato print like
Can you spot the luscious dylusion paints and red heart that shows I bought this from the wonderful Art from the Heart store. I am hoping to play with my new paints and other bits and pieces this afternoon but my lovely mum is coming for a visit so I might not get any time. I have also had to run around the house frantically cleaning so she won't mutter about the state of my house. How old am I?
pro markers

Wonderful packaging

There is coredinations card there too and a white gel pen to try

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely birthday - enjoy your new things

    ReplyDelete