26 January 2011

Art Journal Sweets

Week 4 - Sweets

Two posts in one day - I keep thinking I should spread things out so it was more even but it's done now. I blogged about this earlier this week here and showed you my sweet paper (the inked bag). This is how I did the page and it did not turn out like I originally thought but that is the nature of this kind of thing I think. I was trying to stick to the sweet colours of red, purple/black, citrus green/yellow which is a very in your face colour combination. My five sweets were: cinnamon balls, sherbet fountains, rhubarb and custard, sherbet lemons and pear drops (I can't count!)
I began with a soft yellow watercolour wash and whilst this was drying I found copyright free images of sixpence and thru'pence and turned them into digital looking stamps.
Images made to look like digital stamps


 These were stuck onto the page and I added some pearl dabber to them. I also printed some of the journalling from the earlier blog and cut it up and stuck it on. I then put yellow acrylic paint on but it was a bit yikes so washed white water colour over the top. At this point it went a little green in places as the ink from the ink jet prints bled blue.
Evening light as well which makes things such a strange colour

 I stamped Sweets onto the paper bag and coloured it in and then tore the bag to make a border and some vaguely sweet like shapes. I then added another layer of journaling between the typed one using sakura glitter gel pens. It's very in your face but then so are sweets.

2 levels of journalling

Purple for journalling, red for the sweet names

2 comments:

  1. Great journal page.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing how you made this page (the coin images are a real find!) Fab page :-)

    ReplyDelete