9 September 2010

Get Well Card



The finished card reads Get Well Soon... or we'll send the 'bots to fix you!

Detail showing layered acetate elements
A friend of the family's son had a terrible car accident this week and is lucky to be alive so I wanted to send him a card from us all. I used papers, elements and alphas from one of the Owl Tree Studio September Kits called Grungy Bots by Linda Tieu. I created a digital file with all the elements I wanted and printed it once onto acetate and then onto card.
The sentiment using a flower brad inked black to act as a cog
I started by printing these elements from the kit
I then used sticky pads and coloured them to stop them being too obvious to layer up the acetate and cut out acetate cogs and stuck them to the card using flower brads I had inked black to make them look like cogs. I think it will appeal to his sense of humour.

1 comment:

  1. lovely to see you use the kit for cards as well! great idea and great card!

    ReplyDelete