7 August 2010

Take one old shirt and a layout needing a bit more... to make Smile Please








Original digital layout that was just too plain when I printed it out so I got...

my lovely but holey embroidered linen shirt
I was ironing one of my favourite shirts today when I noticed that the linen had frayed under the arm to create a big hole rendering my shirt unwearable. I was very upset as I have loved this shirt and it has lasted many years which is why it's no surprise it was was falling apart. I had also created a digital lo for my oxford album using one big photograph that I matted onto two pieces of paper and then added a digital swirl stamp and some journaling. When I printed the layout I just didn't feel it was right and then I realised the shirt would be perfect if I could make myself cut it up...
I carefully cut round an embroidered piece but...


Laying it beside my layout it look wrong so...
I realised that all that pintuck and button detail made great edging and I didn't even have to sew all the buttons on!
The finished layout, much better I think but now what am I going to do with...
All the bits I cut out and the others bits and... I'm sure I'll think of something and let you see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment