8 August 2010

Card making and more uses for that linen shirt and I made a mess!

This was my desk once I had finished the cards!
Dragonfly card
Today I made four cards and played with paints, punches, stamps, my old linen shirt and a bit of fun. The dragonfly card was to thank middle daughter for lunch she made us last week, The backing paper came free with Scrapbook Magazine as did the blue flower paper and the letters. The dragonfly came from the Graphics Fairy - a great resource for images - and I printed, painted and cut it out. I used the shirt to make a mat and had fun fraying it.
Detail of butterfly thank you card
 I used one sleeve and cut out the embroidered part and then frayed the edges. The butterflies were from a free paper in Scrapbook Magazine that I bent and added pigment powders, the stamp was free in a card making magazine.
Birthday card for Father in law
We are treating in laws to a few nights camping in the Mull of Galloway at Port Logan. We loved it there and know they will too. It's a hipstamatic photo and then I just stamped the greeting on the front. Suitably masculine and combines gift voucher too. If you haven't guessed by now you can probably tell I like to make my cards for as little as possible.
Birthday card for brother in law - sheep
Brother in law has recently invested in 20 ewes and lambs so this is relevant to him. The image came as a black and white from the Graphics Fairy which I coloured with water colours and matted with linen. The weathered paper was another freebie as was the stamp,
Butterfly card - to thank mother in law for having youngest daughter to stay
Work in progress - nice and messy
I was using up scraps of green paper torn into strips and inked and then pva glued to card blank. I then added water colour paint. Once it is dry I will make it into card number five.


No comments:

Post a Comment