1 August 2010

Having fun cutting out paper and random thoughts on blogging and life

















Who knew carefully and neatly (well depends on your definition) cutting out flowers from card stock could be so fun. This double layout did begin life  as a basic digital layout. It's part of my economy drive - it is cheaper to print out photos, background and some detail and add more than print out photos individually. Plus as I cannot cut a straight line to save myself it means the photos are all neatly lined up! I decided to record this process as some people like to see that, although as Diana as Just Add Glue To muses you do wonder if anyone reads this. I know I am digressing but I was asked the other day why I do this if no-one reads this and I was trying to explain that for me it is an outlet and very much a modern diary and a way of exploring my crafty side which is very different from the day job (teaching teenagers to appreciate English literature and grammar). Anyway back to the project...
1. Print out digital page
2. And the other one...and try and cut it out of page without too many wobbles.
3. Cut a piece of 12 x 12 to 8 x 8 and then cut out the centre of the square leaving about 3 cm border.
4.  Cut out flower shapes from mount and fold up, make sure you leave at least 2mm of border not cut through.
5. Using one of the square insides cut out from mount, carefully cut out details from card. I found this very difficult and it is not that neat - really admire all those who can do this well.  Arrange these on the layout to suit. I added to border effect and emphasized the digital element swirl element from Peppermint Creative.

Next I found a variety of different alphabet stickers... I used Love Elsie one for the "wanted for", Stuntman was a digital font from Peppermint creative, the "punting" was from a DCWV set and the numbers  on the small photos were in a my random box. I also used a rub on for "little known facts".
Finally I hand wrote journalling on both pages, on the second page I used the swirl as a guideline. As always when I write on LOs I just go for it and don't pencil out which is why words end up a little messy and squashed.





1 comment:

  1. Surprise!!!!!... how funny just popped by and your LO really caught my eye...it's stunning. Keep up the good work, I'm sure more and more people will want to see your beautiful projects.
    Have lovely day.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete