7 February 2010

A Walk In the Woods - breaking scrapper's block

I have been struggling to find any inspiration to scrap. I think it is the Elephant in the Room syndrome as I have literally hundreds of pics I can scrap. I want to scrap our holiday in Spain July 09 but just can't seem to make a start apart from a couple of digital pages. Instead I spent time mucking about with sprays and different techniques for cards. Tidying up I felt the scraps went well together so stuck them down. Today I decided I needed to do something... I found a piece of cream card stuck the strip down and then searched for pictures that might go well with them. I found these pics and it all started to come together. The pics are of youngest daughter and Lens Guy on a trip to Loch Lomond in May 2008. As I began to journal I remembered the reason we had gone there was to spend time at a place with memories of my Dad and brother.  Dad had died three years before and then my brother died unexpectedly the month before. I can just about get my head around Dad but am still struggling to come to term with my brother's death. I have many photos I want to scrap of him but I just can't do it. I wonder if anyone else has the same problem?
Anyway I think the finished page works well - the first pic shows my starting point and the second one the finished article. The papers are ones I used to make the owl card. I just added some pink ink round the edges of the mats and stamped some pink trees. I didn't have  suitable soft coloured pens  to write with so I just applied a white water colour wash over my writing. I like the finished effect. Need to go now as youngest daughter and I going shopping then meeting a friend and going to see "It's Complicated".

No comments:

Post a Comment