25 February 2010

Too late for Sketchy Thursdays - digital layouts and milestones

I didn't manage to submit this sketch in time to Sketchy Thursdays but I still like it. I wanted to use this sketch to challenge myself and really use white space. I tried out numerous colour backgrounds but kept coming back to white. I used iscrapbook to create the layout and the digital elements were all from Peppermint creative. The heart was from Pop Rock Graffitti and I made it negative and added stitching. The flourish was from April Morning and the title is Vintage alphabet. Not sure where the other elements came from.  The picture is of my brother and his youngest daughter and this is the first picture I have scrapped of him since he died on 17 April 2008. He adored Lily and I think the picture is just beautiful. This is the most restrained layout I have ever done but I think the pictures needed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment