24 February 2010

First Day back to work after 16 long weeks - Snow morning...aargh!

Woke around 4.30 am and could not get back to sleep as kept thinking about today. Looked out window and saw the snow. I took a quick snap and if you look closely you can guess where our road is supposed to be. Left at 7.30 with youngest daughter in tow as even I didn't feel I could make her walk to the train station in that snow especially as she insists on wearing "silly shoes" (aka skimpy pumps) and will NOT wear boots for whatever fashion diva reason. Crawled into city where the snow magically disappeared. Came home and there is even more and it is still snowing, in fact it hasn't stopped all day. Should say that wonderful Lens Guy drove me there and picked me up. I was so glad to see him at the end of the day as he was quite right (hate to admit it) and I was very tired.
Work was the usual mix of the good, the bad and the ugly. Lots of lovely people giving hugs and being supportive, hyper teens and oh god the smell. How had I forgotten that pungent teen aroma confined in a small space. What were they eating at lunchtime, or did they always do that? Got marking to do so same old same old but it was good to catch up and share news and interact with more adults. Even the teenagers were pleased to see me - won't last past tomorrow but need to appreciate it whilst I can and write it down so when they driving me gaga I can look back and remind myself of their better side.

No comments:

Post a Comment