2 March 2015

A mish mash catch up

I have been seeing lots since July I just don't seem to have posted anything on the blog as I tend to use Instagram more as it is instant, I'm Salamanda001 if you are looking for me there. Much of my time has been taken up with English Paper Piecing projects as I like the portability of them and the ability to sit and listen to music, watch TV or chat whilst sewing. The other reason I have not blogged is that my camera is broken and I'm saving up to buy a new one so please excuse the iPhone photos. The large floor cushion was made for my niece's Christmas.
This was a mini quilt I made for the instagram swap which was inspired by a piece of stained glass window.
This quilt nearly broke me, it was a huge king size quilt
 I created a simple pattern for squares in squares alternating with cream, each block finished at 12.5 inches and I used Quilt as you go as I couldn't imagine getting it through my machine. The colour choice was what mum wanted, perhaps too much pink and cream for me. Hazel Hedgehog using Elizabeth Hartman's pattern was completed last month for my eldest daughter who needed more cushions for her uni flat.



However my latest obsession is La Passacglia quilt from Willyne Hammerstein's book "millefiori quilts". I hope to have a new camera soon and resume normal services.







 









2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are back. I missed you and I am not on instagram. You've been very busy. I love it all. I might have to check out the book that now fuels your obsession.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments Lisa J, the book is very good and you can buy the paper pieces from paperpieces.com

      Delete