8 May 2013

Art Journal circular textures (edit to fix photos)


I feel like I have been going round in ever decreasing circles as we try to work out the future. These pages began with gesso and whilst it was still wet I added some inky circles and then more acrylic white splodged on. I let it dry a while and then added more ink and paint and left it overnight. I stamped dylusion circles as a border and then a mix of Paper Artsy circular flower images.

I used a black Posca pen to journal about how I feel around the images and then doodled more circles using aqua markers.
I had taken and posted the original photos with my phone but the quality was really poor so I took photos again. Detail of textures.

I have been trying out patterns for mum's quilt and I like this idea but want to tweak it. It's from the Elizabeth Hartman Practical Guide to Patchwork.





2 comments:

  1. Just love the texture of the page Sally and the black against the.purple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages Sally, I love the colours and the real sense of confusion. Hope things straighten out a bit for you soon xx

    ReplyDelete