3 May 2011

Stampotique Designers Challenge 29 - using a sketch

This is my entry to the Stampotique challenge (Stampotique only stamps) which is a simple card with the sentiment "Always Late". It's becoming a bit of a family joke that I never send cards and presents on time. I often buy the present and make a card and then in my head I think it's posted and several weeks later it is still sitting on my desk.
I followed the sketch using Rangers Manila cardstock which I inked with Faded Blue and Chine Blue Distress Inks and a little Adirondack Espresso. I stamped Oh My Dear onto coordinations card and then mounted a piece of 7 Gypsies acetate onto the top of her.
I used the same coredinations card with stamped circles using a lid and the adirondack espresso ink. The ledger page is a journalling piece from 7 Gypsies. The word always is from Crafty bits and the definition of late is torn out of my large stock of old dictionaries. I extended the horizontal strip beyond the card edge as I liked the way it balanced the rest of the card.

13 comments:

  1. wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, love the combo of the word and the dictionary definition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Thank you for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the deer. The saying works so well overall feel of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors and distressed look. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is fabulously distressed....LOVE IT!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the detail in this card! Great job. Love distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your grungy take on the sketch - and the 'late' definition - makes it all the more personal.

    Thanks for your comment on my card too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. excellent. love the little details
    thanks for taking part in the stampotique challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card. Your choice of image is just perfect for the sentiment. I seem to be turning into an always late girl!!
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete