15 April 2011

A playful spring layout

I had an hour to craft tonight so thought I would do a quick fun lo to playalong with the scrap factor contest on UK scrappers. It is a little slapdash but sometimes that adds to the fun. The challenge was to follow the colour scheme below.
As I was thinking about the fact that spring had sprung I decided to make my photos become the spring springs by cutting them into circles and then around in a spiral. I struggled with the colour scheme but had some pink card and an old piece of background paper in my stash. The hybrid elements came from a Peppermint Creative april showers digi kit (writing strips, rabbit and title block and elements).

Here it is without the flowers springing. The photos were taken in poor light so not sure if the full spring effect can be seen.

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, such a clever idea with the springy flowers. I really admire people who scrapbook - I don't know how you do it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun page - love it!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how i adore your springy flowers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete