27 November 2010

Mixed media collages using lots of Tim Holtz products


I have been experimenting with various techniques to make mixed media collages and would like to frame some as presents. I liked the idea of each one embodying a saying and have been trawling the internet for interesting sayings. The first one was inspired by Dyan Reavley's quote of the week.

I began by using distress inks on a plain piece of cream card 7 x 7 inch, then I stamped text on using a Tim Holtz stamp from the Shabby French collection. I then took a smaller piece of scrapping paper that was grey with black flowers and changed its colour using distress inks. I then printed out a photo onto plain paper and stamped on it then mod podged over the top of it and transferred it to another sheet of card - giving the blue look. I flocked and glittered and light bulb shape. Printed out the quote and layered it onto other paper before adding to the collage. Finally I added some glitter buttons.





My next collage is based on the saying "A smile is a curve that sets everything straight" - Sister Busche
This time I distressed the cardstock and then cut out letters from Tim Holtz seasonal papers - 4th July as never likely to scrap that day here in Scotland. I place 4 smile phrases around the pages and then added to torn out and inked dictionary definitions of a smile. I then stamped the bird and text from the Shabby French collection. I cut letters from a magazine for the saying and inked these. Once stuck down I added crackle glaze to them.




No comments:

Post a Comment