19 September 2010

Using 6 photo page protectors

This works well for a group of mismatched photos in a larger album
I have so many photos for mum's album and they do not easily lend themselves to one or two layouts so I decided to use a 6 photo page protector (American Crafts) and embellish it like a scrapbook page - something I learnt from Shimelle's class. I mounted each photograph onto a different coloured patterned mount (all brown/orange) and then stuck ribbon down the centre and then made a loop bow and sewed it on using a button.
Simple loops in ribbon sewn onto ribbon below and held in place with button
I used Jenny Bowlin corrugated letters and inked and painted them to spell her initials. Finally the Martha Stewart flower punch was used on the scraps of mount paper and the flowers were stuck on top of the page protector. I am now created a lo to go opposite this in the album continuing he paper and colours started here and hopefully in the album it will work well...
Inked and painted letters and punched flower embellishments
I should also say these are not colours I would normally be drawn to but I think they work well with the black and white/sepia photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment