22 September 2010

Subtle textured background and one of the hardest los I've ever done


I have been struggling with this lo for three days. It is the first time I have tried to scrap pics of my little brother and me (sadly he died 2 years ago). I so wanted to created a happy lo of our childhood memories but everything I tried seemed wrong and I made many mistakes.
The wrong embellishments and too morose
punched border, and glitter alphas
 After matting photos with Basic Grey Romani and creating a scalloped edge I decided to mimic doodle lines in paper onto card with white pen. It  ran out... so I used gel pens to go over bits already done and created more. The trying out embellishments I struck them down by mistake and ripped paper taking them off.
adding doodled texture
ink, stamps and embossing helped to make journalling area
I used a ranger pen to create more texture and then embossed it and thought I was finished but it seemed too morose so I liberally added flowers and butterflies and I think it happier now.

No comments:

Post a Comment