15 August 2010

Scrapping with squares, quadrants and Owl Tree Studio's Beach Breeze Digital kit for this month's cj

completed layout using quadrants, squares and Owl Tree Studio kit
Serendipity came calling today in the form of Shimelle's challenges, a free kit from Owl Tree Studio and the fact that I needed to create the latest entry for the cj  called My Happy Place.
For this layout I began by choosing four of the papers from Owl Tree Studio's Beach Breeze digital kit and then I layered on the wave image with different degrees of transparency. I knew I wanted to create a grid effect and that my layout was about the sun always shining (at least metaphorically) so I used the sun embellishment to create movement and a grid. I then printed it out and mounted it onto the card for the journal.
The background printed out
I then printed and cut out my photos and stuck them on. Using inspiration from the kit I added yellow buttons on top. I then created a mini journalling booklet using the labels from the kit, cut them out and layered up with brads. I used the cloud, a sun and journalling for title and again printed and cut out.
I felt the layout was still lacking something so I used Sakura jelly roll pens to draw round the suns and to highlight the waves, taking it onto card below.
Finally I added some dolphin and starfish charms that I have had in my stash forever.
I printed out and then cut up and inked a title for the tag, adding the beach umbrella

Detail showing edging details.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome hybrid project! I love Shimelle's prompts & inspiration.... she's got such a great way of seeing things. I really love the little booklet for journaling. Something you definitely lose in all digiscrapping. Thanks for sharing & posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love what you did with the journal cards! This is really creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Sally is that my CJ? The layout looks gorgeous

    Suzy x

    ReplyDelete