1 June 2010

Trip to dreaming spires of Oxford

Just back from a wonderful weekend to Oxford to visit eldest son taking youngest daughter with me. We managed lots of : shopping, visiting college grounds, viewing summer 8's (rowing in the rain and bumping the next boat), punting, laughing, picnics in meadows, eating, more shopping and perhaps a tearful goodbye from me as not sure when I'll see eldest again.
Window shopping was interesting...
Punting was fun but apart from the obvious novice punters there were tree hazards, dogs swimming in the river and ducklings (super cute) and swans.
I hope you like my take on Oxford - I was trying for the less obvious pics. Dinner was at a fab noodle bar called Endamame (long queue) and Jamie's Italian - very good but yet another queue but with a fancy pager to alert you when your table was ready - not as daughter asked "Have you got the vibrator  thingy in your pocket in case you need it?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment